Helsinki Culinary School Perho started operating in 1935 and was the first Restaurant School in Finland. In 2015, an extension to the old building was completed. The annex incorporates 1500 sq.m on five floors. The new building is designed by Architect Professor Jan Söderlund. The facade and interior fruit patterns are designed by Oiva Toikka, a famous Finnish designer renowned for his glassware for Iittala, the Finnish design company.