Architect Saila Palviainen of Sipark Architects designed the renovation of the Provincial Museum of Tornio Valley. She wanted the facade to link to the long history between the two closely connected cities Haparanda and Tornio. The cities are situated on both sides of the Tornio river that separates Sweden and Finland.
The selected image was realized in Graphic Concrete. It features a postal air trail that worked between the two cities over the river during the First World War in 1916 -17.